Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

I have some really good girl friends. I remember early on in my marriage my husband and I were discussing our relationships with our friends. He told me(being fresh out of college) that in ten years I would be lucky if I could count the number of close friends I have on one hand. How true he was!!!

Two of my girlfriends and I always celebrate our birthdays together. Our birthdays are fairly close to each other so we usually meet and solve the world's problems in about 3 hours. Sounds just like us women, right? Every year we create a 'to do' list for us to accomplish together. Each year we say we are going to go somewhere exotic or just go shopping. So this year, we are finally going to do it!!! I am so excited I can hardly contain myself!

Also, in September, our church takes an annual ladies trip to the beach. It's a good time of spiritual, physical, and emotional refreshing. I look forward to it every year, even when I am unable to attend I love to hear the stories of all the ladies who come back giddy like teenagers. So, I am looking forward to that as well.

Being the mother, wife, sister, daughter, co-worker sometimes can get pretty draining. There are so many hats we have to don in a day's time. It's so important for us ladies to grab some of our closest gal pals and engage in some good ole fun. Laughing, giggling, cutting jokes...ahh just being in the presence of other women can be so uplifting. So, to all my girlies, love you and go have some fun!

No comments: